Monday, August 3, 2009

New Rig

Well I'm not doing very good at keeping up. It has been pretty busy though. I ended up switching rigs in last month, and in the process had to bump by schedule around... ended up pulling a 30 out of 35 day hitch, which was pretty long. I was pretty shot by the end of it... To many late nights/all nighters. I'm on AWS 730 now, and am enjoying it. Right now we are drilling a dual lateral and I am learning lots.

I am up to like 11 nights I think now at my place, not bad for being there since May. Its a good thing Kate didn't get done and I had to stay around for a couple of days, or I'd be like at 8 or something. Went up to the cabin on last days off; meet Jeff, Josh, and Tanner up there (Dee as well) and we poured a cement pad for a little shop/garage. There wasn't much play time, but oh well. I left Durango (waiting around for Kate to be done) at about 6 tuesday night. Drove all night tuesday, pulled into Riverton about 3:30 and stopped and got donunts for mom and dad. Went home and laid on the couch from about 4:00 - 5:00, when I got up mom told me I needed to go back to bed and I hadn't slept long enough... I just smiled and told mom, this is what I do now, hell... I even got an hour nap in, that an hour more than a lot of nights.
Well got to get back to work.. Hope you all are doing well.

2 comments:

Lyle and Mary: said...

All work and no play makes Ben...

never boring, but probably making some mula. You need more play time!
Oh, and beauty sleep too.

Bertag Puppies said...

Hey Jammin-
It is fun to read your blog-
Hope all is well- have a good 2 wks. at work